- Served as a key advisor for a Fortune 500 financial services CEO on corporate and community development issues, and on national automotive safety issues.
- Helped pull together a new community ownership group to purchase the San Antonio Spurs of the NBA (1993).
- Developed brand communications for a processed food company with national reach, and for its Fortune 500 acquirer.
- Assisted the CEO of a large private company in winding down the company amidst considerable public controversy.
- Provided coaching/personal goal-setting programs for CEOs.
- Advised life science/technology entrepreneurs on messaging for raising investment capital.
- Worked with the CEO of a State Agency in developing strategies – public and governmental – for project development in the natural resources arena.
- Managed, for a municipally-appointed board, the process of announcing a new CEO following a long search sparked by a very public and controversial departure of the previous CEO.
- Assisted the Boards of numerous corporations and nonprofits in dealing with sudden CEO changes and transitions.
- Developed communications for companies in concert with labor negotiations and strikes.
- Served on the search committees for key executives on behalf of universities, a state agency and other nonprofits.
- Developed messaging with C-Suite and/or Board teams for dozens of companies, entrepreneurial start-ups, universities, associations, nonprofits.
- Helped a major market public television station define and focus its mission statement and messages.
- Worked with municipalities, convention & visitor bureaus, chambers of commerce and associated organizations in economic development efforts, including branding and dealing with prospects.
- Developed numerous crisis management plans for a variety of companies, and worked with corporate and nonprofit leadership in managing through crises ranging from a mass murder (Luby’s, 1991) to refinery explosions to fatal workplace accidents to sexual abuse matters.
- Assisted Foundation and Corporate leaders in making major philanthropic decisions.
- Worked with litigation teams for corporations on multiple occasions to provide support on strategy and communications.
- Handled communications planning and execution for sale of:
- Pace Foods, makers of Pace Picante Sauce, to Campbell Soup Company in New Jersey
- Ray Ellison Homes, San Antonio’s largest home building company, to Kaufman & Broad in California
- RailTex, a publicly-traded short-line railroad company (with 26 railroads in North America), to Rail America in Florida
- DPT, a pharmaceutical manufacturer, to Renaissance Acquisition Holdings in Illinois